Middlebury Hand-Painted Glass Ornament
Beautifully hand crafted reverse hand-painted glass ornament. Features images of Old Chapel, Panther on The Rock, Breadloaf, Snowbowl, scenic Green Mountain skyline & the Middlebury College Shield. This carefully shaped ornament is sure to bring years of enjoyment and admiration to any tree.
- Hand Crafted, reverse hand-painted glass ornament.
- Approx. 2.5" diameter.
- Brass loop with gold cord adorn the top.
- Comes in Attractive Oriental Fabric Box.
About Hand-Painted Glass
Hand-Painted glass ornaments are created using original artwork created by Kitty Keller. Each ornament is hand-painted on the inside of the glass ball, a process that originated in China in the 1600’s. The art of hand-painting the inside of glass objects began centuries ago in high end “snuff bottles”, used to store chewing tobacco.
The process includes approximately 4 steps:
- The ornaments are made from hand blown glass, creating a clear glass ornament
- The artisan paints a sketch of the design, using a fine tip brush. The complete design pattern is outlined inside the ball.
- The artisan then fills in the sketch with colors as indicated on the design.
- The last step is to fill in the solid background color.
Each hand-painted glass ornament has a high-quality silk ribbon included. Your ornament also comes with a silk covered keepsake box to ensure the ornament will last a lifetime.
Hand-painting ornaments on the inside allows light to reflect beautifully on the outside of the ball. Each ornament can take hours and sometimes several days to complete. The finished product is a one-of-a-kind piece of art, no two being alike.